Air & Gas Industries, a unit of Air & Gas Holdings Pty Ltd
ABN: 14 213 772 690 ACN: 009 955 766
Air & Gas Industries is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about our customers to conduct our activities and meet legal obligations.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include contact information (such as your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, company name and more), your newsletter preferences and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services, our website, or other matters.
Air & Gas Industries also collects statistical information about visitors to our website. Generally, this information cannot be used to identify particular individuals but in some circumstances it may include a visitor’s internet protocol address, which could be linked to the individual.
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings and interviews. Where necessary and with your consent, we supplement the information we receive from you with information from third party sources, such as your employer or organisation.
You may in some circumstances have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfill your request for a specific product or service or to participate in standards development activities we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service or we may not be able to allow you to employ our services.
How might Air & Gas Industries use and disclose your personal information?
Air & Gas Industries may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, Air & Gas Industries may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- provide you with our products or services that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or feedback;
- facilitate your participation in standards development in various capacities, including as a committee member;
- enable us and our Councillors and Members to comply with Standard Australia’s functions and requirements;
- enable our standards development work in general, such as evaluating stakeholder proposals, contacting nominating organisations, sending delegates overseas and accrediting
- standards development bodies;
- provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested;
- let you know about developments in our procedures, products, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you;
- facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events;
- consider and manage funding applications for delegates to international and interstate committee meetings; and
- consider employment applications.
- Disclosure of personal information to other parties
Air & Gas Industries may disclose your personal information to third parties such as our staff, our professional advisers, our external service providers that provide services to us (such as distribution of newsletters, standards and other publications developed by Air & Gas Industries, and market research, contractors). We may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
Security and management of personal information
Air & Gas Industries will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access
- and committee members only have access to the contact details of members of their own committee and not other committees);
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, Air & Gas Industries will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing the information we hold about you
You will be be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require.
Updating your personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact Air & Gas Industries at the contact address set out below if you believe that the information we hold about you requires correction or is out-of-date.
Updates to this Policy
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia).
Complaints must be made in writing
Phone: 07 3271 5899
19 Industrial Ave, Wacol QLD 4076
PO Box 282, Carole Park QLD 4300
We will respond to all complaints and correspondence as soon as possible to do so.